The small print
We would like to welcome you to your course with Eden Education and wish you every success in achieving your learning aims. We hope that you'll find your learning experience rewarding and fulfilling. Eden Education welcomes learners from all backgrounds and abilities and our staff will give you the opportunities to develop your learning and skills.
What I can expect from Eden Education and my tutor.
- My tutor will work with me to plan my learning programme and will carry out an initial assessment to identify my starting point
- My tutor will develop a learning plan with me and recognise and record my current level of knowledge and skills
- My tutor will support my development by delivering high quality teaching to enable learning
- My tutor will encourage me to complete my learning programme and achieve my learning aim or qualification
- My tutor will offer appropriate information and advice before during and at the end of my learning programmes
- My tutor will abide by Eden Education’s Health & Safety policy and carry out the H&S induction process
- Eden Education will ensure that appropriate examination, assessment and internal verification procedures are in place (skills courses only).
- Eden Education will ensure that portfolios submitted to the awarding body are suitable for external moderation (skills courses only).
- When learning with Eden Education all learners are entitled to learn in an environment which is physically safe and free from abuse.
Equality and diversity
Eden Education is committed to ensuring that all learners, staff and visitors are treated equally and where possible, have full access to our sites and services. Please help us to achieve this by bringing to our attention any potential discrimination. If you are a disabled learner or have any specific needs, we will ensure that reasonable adjustments are made to the learning environment to ensure that you will not be placed at a disadvantage. By disclosing your specific needs to us at the earliest opportunity, you will enable us to put in the required support. If you do not wish to disclose your needs or request that this information remains confidential we cannot guarantee that appropriate adjustments will be made.
Learning Support is provided to meet the needs of learners who have an identified learning difficulty and/or disability. If eligible, you will have access to a support package designed to help you achieve your set learning goals. This includes providing funding for reasonable adjustments as set out in the Equality Act 2010.
Learning Support is available to individuals enrolling on qualification courses. If you feel you are eligible for this support or require further information then please discuss this with us.
We do all we can to ensure Eden Education provides a safe environment for our learners and have a number of procedures designed to ensure that learners, staff and visitors are able to learn in a safe environment.
Eden Education will make every effort to safeguard the personal effects of its users; however, it cannot accept liability for personal belongings.
Some of our courses require our learners to satisfy certain criteria before they enrol. You should ensure that you read all the course information before enrolling. By enrolling, you are confirming you have read these details and meet any enrolment requirements specified on the course outline.
Minimum age of students
Please note that you must be aged 16 or over by the 31 August in the academic year in which your GCSE course begins. (Academic years run from 1 August to 31 July).
Current prices are published in our brochure and on the website. These prices are subject to change. The total price quoted is the amount payable In order to secure a course place. The total price includes tuition costs, examination fees, where applicable and in some cases, additional costs which relate to the particular course. Other optional materials, which may be associated with the course, are available for purchase as identified in the course outline. Unless details are provided in the course outline, you are advised not to buy equipment, books or materials until after the first session.
Start date of your course
Please check the start date of your course on the website or as supplied in your enrolment confirmation. If you require any further information or assistance before your course starts, please contact Eden Education.
Terms and conditions of enrolment
These terms apply to all enrolments for learning with Eden Education. You (the Learner) must ensure that you are aware of our terms before proceeding with your enrolment. Once enrolled, you are deemed to have accepted these terms.
In signing the agreement I confirm that I agree to the following:
- I have received initial information and advice in preparation for my learning programme covering choice entry requirements and suitability and I am satisfied with the process I accept that my admission as a learner is subject to the regulations of Eden Education and the professional judgement of the staff relating to my level of study.
- I will ensure that the tuition fees are paid by the agreed date (usually the start date)
- Eden Education reserves the right to withdraw or cancel a programme whenever its viability cannot be assured. In such circumstances, every effort will be made to offer an alternative programme. However, Eden Education cannot guarantee that an acceptable programme will be available as part of our curriculum.
Compliments, Comments and Complaints
Eden Education accepts that sometimes things go wrong and it is important that you contact us if you are unhappy with a service. Please also let us know what you would like us to do to put things right. We would also like to hear your feedback on the services we provide or if you have a suggestion on how we can make improvements your comments will be passed on to the services involved.
Telephone: 01228 830831
By Post: Eden Education, The Best Life Building, 123-127 Botchergate, Carlisle Cumbria CA1 1RZ
The personal Information you provide is passed to the Chief Executive of skills 4 funding (“the Skills Funding Agency”) and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills Where necessary it is also shared with the Department for Education, including the Education Funding Agency. The information is used for the exercise of functions of these Government departments and to meet Statutory responsibilities, including under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009, and to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN) and a Personal Learning Record (PLR). The information you provide may be shared with other organisations for education, training, employment and well-being related purposes, including for research. You may be contacted after you have completed your programme of learning to establish whether you have entered employment or gone onto further training or education. You may be contacted by the English European Social Fund (ESF) Managing Authority, or its agents, to carry out research and evaluation to inform the effectiveness of the programme. For further information. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sfa-privacy-notice